New from Dr. Charles Fay!
Paperback, 17.95AND... (Drum roll please!) ALWAYS lead with empathy! Nothing works without it!
In this book Dr. Charles Fay suggest ways parents can help their children learn the life skills that will make them make them successful in the long run. Each chapter includes "Love and Logic Experiments" that parents can use to get things headed in the right direction.
There are chapters on each of the following:
- Recognizing and celebrating your child's gifts so that they can work from their strengths.
- Expecting politeness and respect.
- Expecting them to complete their fair share of family chores (so that they learn responsibility and to fell like a valued and needed member of the family.)
- Allow children to go without some of the things they want.
- Create a duller home so school seems more exciting... experiencing boredom is a good thing. Life is not always exciting or entertaining.
- Let your children struggle... there's nothing sweeter than the taste of success after struggle.
- Help them develop a sense of purpose.
- Love you child(ren) for who they are not the grades they get.