"I want that!"
- It's beautiful. If you could give that to anyone else but yourself, who would really love it? Why?
- I wonder who would love to give that to you? Why? What would make you want to give someone a gift like that?
- If today was the last day on earth for us, what stuff would we need?
- Why do you think the Christmas story is about how God gave Jesus to the world instead of a bunch of stuff?
- Would you rather have _______ or __________? Why?
- world peace or an i-pod?
- feed a hungry family or buy 2 DVDs
Our young adult children cringe at Christmas. They want to be givers but have no money and have indicated they feel funny receiving in abundance when they cannot give. So we've de-emphasized the whole giving thing in favor of time together. I suspect the giving tradition may ramp up again if they ever get married and give me grandchildren. :)