- Ritual is comforting to children at bedtime and helps bring them to a quiet place for restful sleep. Doing the same thing every night is a healthy sleep preparation habit.
- "Never let the sun set on your anger." Bedtime was a good time to let it all go, forgive any hurts, and end the day in love.
- Focus on and list the blessings or good things of the day. Be grateful
- Reading and made up story time is fun at bedtime
- This should not be a hurried part of the day.
- Praying at the end of the day lays all worries and concerns where they belong, with God, and is a precious and intimate time with your child.